Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fitness Week 3 - what happened here?

Well - it has been a while since I have posted - I got a little bummed at some work things that happened last week. This mindset made it hard for me to work at my health or want to share much. Has this ever happened to you?

So here is a synopsis of where I am at.

On Thursday July 15th I was bummed that all this hard work had not resulted in a higher level of riding. As a matter of fact - it was one of my most disappointing rides ever. There are many reasons why this is but they sound like excuses and I am not going to sit here and whine.


On Sunday I made an awesome Salmon Salad with cucumbers, jalepenos and greek yogurt.

I was supper psyched on Monday July 19th that I had lost 2.4lbs. I planned to blog about this, but then I didn't.

The week of July 19-26 was a bad one for exercise - I didn't get up and do any; and I had a few beers each night; I did however eat well and cook some delicious meals from the Farmer John Cookbook. If any of you get a chance to get this, there are wonderful seasonal recipes in here to create awesome side dishes and main courses. I made a beat salad as a side to my swordfish steak and on another night a stir-fry with rice noodles and bok-choy.....all good stuff.

My ride on Thursday July 22, went surprisingly well. We rode for a long time in some intense heat and our group while the slowest, rode the longest.......I wouldn't be surprised if the other groups covered more distance though.

Then the weekend came and I was all set to get back on track. Erica and I went grocery shopping at 1pm on Sunday. At 3pm we got hit with an intense Thunderstorm. It left half a million people in Mont. County without power including us. There are still close to 10,000 without power today. We got power on Monday afternoon but our fridge's perishables had perished and the freezer items that were not yet frozen also didn't make it. I then got food poisoning or a virus on Wednesday from something I should have thrown out but didn't.....booooo

I may have been down - but not out.

Rock On

Ray

words and photos by Ray Heinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment