Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DC City Ride to Brunch

On Sunday, my wife and I rode to brunch in downtown DC at a restaurant called The Heights. It was a nice 15 mile ride that was similar to the one we did on the 4th of July. We went south on Sligo Creek Bike Path and then rode up Maple Ave through Tacoma Park. After that long uphill it was a nice ride on 3rd Ave to Kansas Ave which is pretty much all bike lane. 14th street also has a bike lane but the church traffic was all parked in the bike lane. On that stretch I took the lane.

After brunch we went to Best Buy and picked up a DVD of Anchorman with Will Farrell. Every time we go to Camden Yards to watch the Orioles play, they have a skit on the big screen where they ask each player which Will Farrell character they like better; Ricky Bobby or Ron Burgandy. I like Ron Burgundy, but I had only seen Anchorman once and it is so often played on a commercial channel with heavy editing.....no way to watch a movie.

I am getting off topic.

After Best buy we Rode home. On that ride she captured some video of me on Sligo Creek with my phone. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment