Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fitness: Day 3; Rest and Eat Well

Yesterday I awoke sore. All my muscles hurt from my neck to the bottom of my feet. Because I am going riding tonight and want to be strong and confident for that event I decided not to run or lift yesterday morning.

I got out of bed and got started making breakfast which was delicious. I used leftover fajita innards from Sundays dinner and made an egg sandwich on an english muffin. 1 slice of american cheese and some hot sauce was the topper.

It was soooooo yummy

Then I rode the 2 miles to work. For lunch I had the casserole leftovers from the night before and I was happy I made a meal that worked so well as a reheated lunch. I also drank a lot of water. I have been using water as a substitute for everything else: Coffee, Beer, Soda.

Last night, Erica made a delicious dinner.

The Numbers:

Fitness
Rode the bike to work and back - 4 miles.
Stretched that night to work out some of the soreness.

Nutrition:
Egg and cheese sandwich on an english muffin with small bits of chicken peppers and onion topped with Franks Hot Sauce
1 Cup of Coffee
6 pints of Water
1 pint Pomegranate Green Tea from Trader Joes
Crackers and Goat Cheese - quite a few 
Dinner was made by my wife Erica - she was very creative:
First she stir fried up some vegetables - corn, carrots, green pepper, garlic and onion and made a very thin sauce using sesame oil and soy and some spices....then she made some spaghetti and added that to the stir fry.
In a separate pan she seared some Ahi Tuna steaks and placed those on top of the stir fry on the plate and topped that with a wassabi dill hot sauce we got at Peppers in Key West.....we got quite a few of those as that place is awesome......I am sorry I did not take a picture. It was a work of art.
Words Actions and Photos by Ray Heinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment