Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rider of the Day 18 - Memorial Day Contest

Bicycling was alive and well in Bethesda on Memorial Day. My wife Erica and I went to Louisiana Kitchen for brunch and then walked to the Apple Store. On the way we passed at least 100 bicyclists. Families, enthusiasts, casual riders and kids were out enjoying their bicycles in 90+ degree  heat. It was wonderful to see.

Because there was such a showing,  I decided that todays official rider of the day would be this smooth BMX rider I captured just after he gracefully hopped up the curve; but I also included a picture showing the volume of cyclists that were enjoying downtown Bethesda today. This picture is larger if you click on it so you can count how many bicycles you can find. Write your guess in the comments section along with a way to contact you which I will delete before publishing. The first correct answer will get 1 free bicycle tube of any size.

Keep riding!

Words and Photos by Ray Heinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment