Saturday, May 15, 2010

Germantown Cycles, A First Look

I stopped at Germantown Cycles on my way to the Thursday night Schaeffer Ride with MORE. It is located in a strip mall on the corner of Wisteria Drive and Great Seneca Highway in Germantown, MD. Craig, the owner, greeted me with a smile. He remembered me from the article I wrote a few weeks earlier: Walmart Bicycle vs. Bike Shop Bicycle; Why pay more?.

From the outside, it is a small single storefront with the simple word BIKES on the awning above. Inside, there is a comfortable friendly personality that wonderfully compliments the quality presentation of glistening bicycles and components Craig is currently installing. After he finishes, I will be posting some pictures of the interior. We had a good conversation and he told me a little bit about his plans.

If you are in the area and want to shop in a quaint store with good people to help you, I recommend stopping in and saying hi to Craig and his crew at Germantown Cycles, 12615 Wisteria Dr., Germantown, MD 20874. 

Phone 240-404-0695

 Words and photo by Ray Heinsman

No comments:

Post a Comment