Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Preparation is Key

Today I rode home in a pouring rain. Being that I am a rather smart individual, I decided to ask a coworker for a spare umbrella. I saw videos on You Tube in Asia where people used umbrellas with some success.

This may not have been the best idea. First off it was a pretty good storm with heavy wind, thunder and lightning. The umbrella blew out several times as the wind changed direction after passing each building. I got soaked.

Sure a poncho would be more successful - but i did not have my gear today. I should have looked at the weather channel before I left.
 
Rather then sulk, I decided to let you read about it and find the humor. I got soaked. My shirt and pants were stuck to my skin. My bag and all its contents were soaked. My shoes filled with water. Enjoy the pics.

Words and Photos by Ray Heinsman

1 comment: